I feel like I should have introduced to myself a bit more. I did do a pretty detailed about me page. It touches a bit on my work life and I guess my perspective on how you need to go after what you want. That being said, it doesn’t cover too much personal information. Even though I don’t really post photos of myself, I am a pretty open book. Ask and you’ll receive!
My name is Brent and I am 23 years old. I live with my dog, just East of Toronto, in a pretty small space. Bigger than you’re one bedroom/studio condo though. I’ve got myself a fenced in backyard for the dog so it’s pretty perfect. I have gardens but my dog Ellie tends to enjoy them a bit too much. I’d love to live downtown Toronto but the timing just isn’t right. The cost of living is much more and I don’t love the idea of renting and paying someone else’s mortgage. For now I’ve got it pretty good. A secure, flexible job with benefits and the ability to take time off in the Summer to work on two of Canada’s largest festivals. I guess that gives you a better idea of where I’m at in life – but here’s some quick answers to questions I just copied from various question and answers that I found online.
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed, but I don’t have a closet in my bedroom.
2. Do you take shampoo and conditioner bottles from hotels?
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Out of course.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign?
No, but I wouldn’t put that past me if it had my last name or something.
5. Do you cut out coupons and then never use them?
Yeah, or I get coupons in the mail and forget to use them until they expire.
6. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Well a bear, but wtf – neither.
7. Do you always smile for pictures?
Not usually because I was so self concious of my teeth until I started Invisalign but now I’m flaunting them pearly whites. I’m on tray 7/30.
8. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
I sometimes check the “Health” app on my phone, but no.. not regularly unless I think to myself “Shit, I walked a lot today!”
9. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Yeah, that’s the norm at my dad’s house out in the woods.
10. Do you still watch cartoons?
Yeah, I was born and raised on the Simpsons.
11. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Well probably somewhere on my dads property.
12. What do you drink with dinner?
I only buy water for my house, but if I am out than probably a cocktail or an iced tea.
13. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Depends where I am, but I am a self proclaimed dip connoisseur. McDonalds would be sweet n’ sour and hot mustard – but not on the same nugget. Wendys would be sweet n’ sour. But generally I’m just okay with plum sauce or spicy thai.
14. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Maybe Mean Girls, that’s probably it. I don’t loveeee movies like I should.
15. Were you ever a scout?
16. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
100% if the price is right.
17. Can you change the oil on your car?
No, but I know where I can go for an oil change!
18. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
19. Afraid of heights?
Not really, but I can’t say I am comfortable either.
20. Do you sing in the car?
Yeah and dance.
21. Is Christmas stressful?
For those that can’t afford it or have trouble planning. But not for me.
22. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid.
Paramedic, personal assistant, lawyer, and artist/talent manager.
23. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yeah, but I block them out.
24. The first concert you ever went to.
Crazy town. They sung “you’re my butterfly, sugar baby. Such a sexy, sexy thingggg” I was like 7.
25. Walmart, Target, or Kmart?
Well I loved Target while it was in Canada. Never been to a Kmart and I do like Walmart.
26. Nike or Adidas?
27. Can you curl your tongue?
Yeah, I’m pretty talented with that muscle.
28. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
I don’t think so.
29. Can you swim well?
I can swim well, not great.
30. Can you knit of crochet?
31. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
At the end of the day – dogs.
32. Year you graduated high school?
33. What was your first job?
Working for a catering company. Event set-up, serving food, assisting in the kitchen.
34. What inspired you to blog?
I actually had a blog in high school that was like entertainment gossip and then one just after college that I worked on with my two roomies. But I’ve just always loved social, writing and the idea of blogging and creating my own community.
35. Can you do the splits?
Yeah but probably only cause I used to dance and I am oddly flexible.
36. What was your LEAST favourite TV show when you were a child?
37. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
Spanish, French or Mandarin.
38. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
British of course.
39. Did you complete college or university?
Yes, I have a college “Advanced Diploma” in Music Business Management.
40. What’s the last compliment you got?
The lady told me I have thick and healthy hair when I got my hair cut this week.